Sunday, 28 January 2007

Week 14

This week has been crap. Sleep has not happened and by the time Saturday rocked around I couldn't be bothered doing much at all besides sleeping. The heat and humidity have been a real killer which means running later in the evening and I am sure that does something to my sleep. I have to try and get up in the morning but I just don't function at 6.00 am. Maybe that's the challenge for this year, bed early and up early to run....

OK to follow on from my last post

Wednesday I did 8.6 km's off road along to the Whangarei Falls. Hot beyond all hell and I left it til latish in the day too.

Thursday is gym day with a new programme. I spent my lunch hour with a very inspiring coach who went through my current running schedule, seeing my regular coach hasn't got back to me recently....grrrrr. Anyway, I now have swimming after the gym on Tuesdays and running as well as gym on Thursday's together with lotsssssss of hills. He was amazing to talk with and very encouraging. His main piece of advice was natural surfaces and hills and only worry about time not k's and take heartrate every morning to check for proper recovery; 5-6 beats out and not recovered so take it easy. Hell that's lots of main bits of advice :-)

Friday rest day and Saturday there was supposed to be 60 mins of hills but I was knackered. WIth the lack of sleep all week it all caught up with me.

And finally today I did 1 hr 30 which was great, nice and slow in the rain. I could do these any day over the hills and harder stuff.

I would like to get faster but i guess that will come in time. Its not even a year since I started running so need to find patience....

Oh yes, I am probably going to do the Rotorua Half in March as a build up for the full and there is a fun run the week before the half which is only 9.4 k's but will be great. Might see if I cant find some speed for that run........

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Good to see you posting Robyn!
The heat does make it harder, makes me even more glad that I run in the mornings most of the time, but I know early starts don't work for everyone! Stick with it - winter will be here soon enough!

MAR.