Wednesday, 10 January 2007

Week 16

Well, this is my first post of the new year. And my first week of training for the Rotorua Marathon (RM) 28 April. I had a wonderful break over christmas with not much happening except eating, walking on the beach with only dipping the toe in the ocean because it was too damned cold and lots of sitting in the sun sheltered from a yuk southerly wind. I do have nice tan mind you.

Anyway, first week back into it. I havent got a new schedule from my coach so just working on piecing stuff together from what I was doing and reading up on different things. This week is planned to look like this:

Monday - 40 min monitor run. What I actually did was about an hour on the treadmill at different speeds and it felt real good. I forget how good it feels when finished, all that natural buzzy stuff happening in the body.

Tuesday - walk to the gym, workout, then walk home. I live about 3.5km's from gym and never seem to find the time to walk there so jumped on the tready again for 20 mins before and 20 after nd didnt manage to stick to a walk and had to run some. My quads were sore from Monday and even sorer after my workout. Really pushed myself and again it felt great. I think the whole session took about 1.20.

Wednesday - 60 mins bush track. I baled because my quads are sore as and I am tired. First day back at work and I went too hard on Monday with that first run. It really was supposed to be easy but hell, it felt good at the time pushing myself.

Thursday - walk to the gym, workout and walk home.

Friday - rest

Saturday - speed work. 10 mins warm up then 5 min hard 5 min jog x5. I dont like this kind of thing much and would do a long slow run any day of the week over this interval stuff.

Sunday - 1hr 45 min, long slow

So thats what my week is looking like. I do wonder whether I train by time or distance. I will wait for my new programme from the coach

3 comments:

Boston said...

Hi Robyn! Best of luck in your training for the RM. I am about to commence training for my second marathon and I am allowing time in case injury strikes again. One of the best feelings I have experienced is crossing the finish ln.
Stay positive and upbeat!
Will keep an eye on your progress.

Cheers.

Celeste said...

Well I'm impressed that you managed a "comfortable" hour run on Monday!! Regardless of the muscle soreness, you've certainly got a great fitness base to play with!

Vicky said...

Great to have you back Robyn! I really look forward to following your RM progress. I wish they did a half down there, I'd do it for sure. Oh well, maybe the rull next year!!!!!

MAR.