Wednesday, 15 November 2006

3 more sleeps ........

Just three more sleeps ..........arghhhhh

I collected my race pack this afternoon, 624 is me. And yeah me, I have won a spot prize that I cant collect until after the race. Wonder what it is........ Last I won a sports bag. Its all getting soooo exciting.....

Nothing to do today training wise. I must remember to check my heart rate in the morning. I have been forgetting, how do you remember to not move, check the clock, find ya pulse and count for a minute........too hard some mornings.......

I spoke with my coach today and asked how to get through that 'burn' feeling at about 16 -17 km. Of course he asked what kind of feeling it was, and I could only describe it as a burn but thought it must be lactic acid. His words were, you shouldn't be feeling anything more than tired legs and if anything more than tired, I've gone too fast and need to slow down. He annoys me sometimes with is casual nature. Its all serious business to me and he just says, don't get het up about times, go out and enjoy yourself and worrying will ruin the day for me. I guess he knows what he's doing......... I find it hard trusting him, hell I need to cause I know diddly about running except what I have learnt from 'The Forum' and books.

We talked about how much time to take off to recover and I need to get and see him next week to set up training for the marathon, so that is the plan at the minute.

Last run tomorrow - 30 min easy.

I will write my plan in here now so then I can see how well I stick with it on the day.

Working on 6:30 k's
5 k = 32:30
7 k = 45:30
10k = 1:05
12k = 1:18:30
15k = 1:37:30
17k = 1:50:30
19k = 2:03:30
21.1k = 2:16:30

Who knows.................... its an idea only and my first race, so I maybe totally dreaming.

I feel I have done the work except for totally stuffing up one long slow day becuase of what I consider a blonde moment in reading my schedule. Just not thinking.....but still, I think I have done enough. I have it in the back of my head, so long as I dont stop to walk and just keep the legs going and drink something at each drink station, even just a mouthful.

Its all so exciting...........arghhhhhhhhh. Just great fun and I love it to bits. The passion and achievement, nothing can stop me now!!!!!

Bye

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Good luck Robyn - looking forward to a race report on the forum!