Tuesday, 14 November 2006

My first post

Hi, this is my first post of my first blog....MAR, you have led me astray I am sure of it.

Well, today was my second to last training session before the big day on Saturday, my first half marathon, running, that is. I walked it last year after 40 years of sendentary behaviour.....oh yes, I had never run in my life until February this year!!!!!! The big event is at Kerikeri which is north of Auckland.

So, todays training was shceduled to be:

40 mins easy with 3 x 2 min hard with 4 min easy between

I headed out the door later than usual (7.30 pm) because of Ems riding lessons but the up side was that it was nice and cool. Ems being my 10 year old daughter. The normal time is around 4pm. Not a morning person at all, but will try it one day.....

It went quite well I think. I go out too fast when starting the 'hard' part then my hard gets easier. I may learn one day not to go so hard to start with grrrrrr...... I have struggled with the speed work ever since starting it 2 or 3 months ago. Its a head thing I know and will have to get over myself and get into the right head space. I know that it does work and always feel a hell of an achievement when I do the whole session as I am supposed to.

Thats it for today. Now I must try to sort out the layout of this blog and get to grips with what I can and cant do here.

Bye for now.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Yay! You did it! And I get to post the first comment! But just wait, you'll soon have all the Ausrun Blog Addicts at your door!

Really look forward to following your progress, esp if you do an IM! What an awesome, brave goal...

Just 3 more sleeps till your first running HM! How exciting! Look forward to meeting up then.
(And at least now I'll know who I'm looking for!) :-)

Cheers, MAR.

Robyn said...

Hi Vicky,

I have to admit, that pic is 5 years old and was taken after makeup and hair stylist did their dambdest for an hour or so....:)

Im hoping that one of the pics they take this weekend will be decent enough to show me in action. Who knows...

Bye

Vicky said...

Hey, don't worry - theres no such thing as looking good at that hour, in running gear and after completing 21.1kms! I ALWAYS wear a cap when running, as its usually first thing in the morning and I ALWAYS wake up with really bad hair! So look out for a black Nike running cap!

MAR.